The 2017 Jamboree might seem like lightyears away but plans for the big event are in full swing! This week marks exactly two years until Jamboree and now’s the time to keep the momentum going. The BSA encourages volunteers to join the fun by lending a helping hand as a Jamboree staff volunteer at the Summit Bechtel Reserve, July 19 to July 28, 2017. Not only will these volunteers be invaluable to the overall success of the event, but they will also help build the best experience possible for Scouts! Check out the six reasons why you won’t want to miss the 2017 Jamboree staffing experience below.
- Create new memories and friendships! Thousands of volunteers from across the globe gather to experience Jamboree, and this is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends and make memories that will stick with you forever.
- Make a positive impact on Scouts and other volunteers like you! By extending your skills and service at the Jamboree you’ll contribute to making the 2017 Jamboree the best experience for Scouts. Also, take heart knowing you’re helping other dedicated volunteers by supporting the Scouting event of a lifetime.
- The choice is yours! Staff volunteers have the opportunity to view staff job descriptions and choose their top three positions for area placement at Jamboree. Check out the staff job descriptions to get a picture of the volunteer positions available to you.
- Enjoy time off! Volunteers will have at least one full day off during the Jamboree. Sufficient staff support and well planned schedules will ensure that you’ll have time to enjoy other areas outside of your assigned work area.
- Look forward to lunch and R&R. Enhanced lunch options will give you more flexibility in choosing what you want to eat everyday and staff members in active program areas will receive supplemental items to make up for the extra calories burned. Plus, volunteers can get some rest at a number of staff villages, perfect for taking a snack break and kicking your feet up.
- Stay informed every step of the way! From the date you register to the final Jamboree goodbyes, the comprehensive Jamboree communications plan will keep you in the loop. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Jamboree 2017 Staff Guide in August!
As National Jamboree Chairman for Diversity Jose Nino puts it,”If you want to see America at its best, come to the 2017 Jamboree.”
Help make the 2017 Jamboree the most successful jamboree yet by joining the staff volunteer team today! Simply head to www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree/volunteers/ to learn more about being a staff volunteer and head to the orange Jamboree Registration button to sign up!