If your council isn’t leveraging the power of social media for its marketing and recruiting efforts, you are seriously missing out on an excellent opportunity to reach thousands of new families that might not know about Scouting. But don’t worry – it’s never too late to dive into the world of social media, and we’re walking you through how to do it in our upcoming NextConnect Marketing Summits.
NextConnect Marketing Summits will showcase the latest marketing and communications content, research, best practices and social media strategies and tactics for reaching moms and youth with invitations to join Scouting. This isn’t just theory – these are strategies you can implement now. Get started with these five steps:
- Have a plan: Develop a social media strategy – including measuring the right things!
- The right content: Share the right content to keep people coming back.
- Reach the influencers: Use mommy blogs to talk to families about Scouting in your area.
- Invite everyone to help: Encourage packs, troops and crews to have pages. It’s a great way to reach moms.
- Facebook ads: It’s easy – use them to reach moms and families outside of your current membership.
Why You Should Attend NextConnect Marketing Summits
If you aren’t implementing these social media tactics or want to further develop your current strategy, don’t miss the 2017 NextConnect Marketing Summits! Next Connect is designed for council staff and volunteers with responsibility for membership, marketing, and social and digital media. At the event you’ll learn more about:
- Social media strategies and tips
- Network with marketing and membership peers and experts
- Presentations from leading industry experts
- Newest Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Exploring marketing tools and resources
- Best practices from councils across the nation
- Plus, hear experts from Coke, Chick-fil-A, KPMG, Johnson and Johnson, and many more!
There is no registration cost for this event and meals during the event are provided. The BSA has secured a limited number of hotel rooms near each conference location. Contact information for these hotels can be found at the event registration link below. You must contact the hotel to reserve rooms. Register today!
For questions not answered here, please email Karen.rash@Scouting.org or call 972-580-2534. Does your council have any social media strategies that have worked to benefit your local marketing efforts? Tell us about them in the comments below!