Last week, BSA hosted the National Growth Conference, an event created to build excitement and alignment around membership growth, nationwide. The conference was broadcast live from an AT&T studio in downtown Dallas, not far from the National Service Center.
Staff members and volunteers from across the country shared fresh takes on our Game Plan, membership goals, and inspiring best practices, all with a goal of expanding Scouting’s programs to more of our nation’s youth. Just a few of the topics discussed were:
- A district executive who doubled his Cub Scout recruiting year over year
- How a council surpassed their Build an Adventure recruitment goals by 187%
- A council that sequenced Tigers and STEM Scouts to grow membership
- A council that posted a 14.3% increase in membership in 2015
- Plus, highlights from Build an Adventure 2016, Lions, and Exploring
If you weren’t able to watch the live broadcast, we’ve got you covered! A recording of the event is available online at livestream.com/bsa/nationalcouncil so you and your team can catch up on the latest membership and recruiting news.
Did you watch the National Growth Conference live? Share your thoughts in the comments below!