Building on the success of last year’s efforts, the 2017 National Growth Conference is designed to highlight successful implementation of the Membership Plan by local Scouting volunteers and professionals in addition to giving you information and inspiration as you work to further expand Scouting’s programs to more of our nation’s youth!
This year, the conference has been streamlined and lasts only about 25 minutes – perfect for a variety of groups of both staff and volunteers. It will be available on demand from Livestream (livestream.com/bsa/nationalcouncil) for you to use as needed.
- Remarks by National President Randall Stephenson and Chief Scout Executive Mike Surbaugh
- Exploring Explosion ideas from Deanna Heisler, Exploring executive, Las Vegas Area Council, along with post advisers and youth
- Build An Adventure tactics from Larry Brown, Scout executive, Middle Tennessee Council, and members of his staff
- New Unit implementation strategies from Vic Pooler, Field Service Council executive, Great Lakes Field Service Council, along with members of his staff and volunteers from chartered organizations
- Pilot Programs: You’ll hear from Jeff Ottosen, Scout executive of the Samoset Council in Wausau, Wisconsin, and both youth and volunteers involved in STEM Scouts; as well as members of the Daniel Webster Council staff sharing about their successful implementation of the Lion program
- And finally, information about new initiatives that you’ll hear more about at the National Annual Meeting
Have questions? Please contact Mark Logemann and let us know what you think about the video in the comments below!