Eagle Scouts 18 and older with a thirst for adventure and hands-on research take note: the application deadline to become a NESA World Explorer is May 1 (that’s an extension on the original April 24 deadline). Join the legacy of other NESA World Explorers who have channeled the spirit of discovery since 1928.
World Explorers are a big, no HUGE, deal in the realm of biology and exploration. Qualified Eagles can apply to land the following roles:
- NESA Eagle Scout Amazon Biologist
- NESA Eagle Scout Paleoanthropologist
- NESA Eagle Scout Galapagos Biologist
- NESA Eagle Scout Arctic Marine Biologist
Who are NESA World Explorers?
NESA World Explorers are Eagle Scouts selected to work alongside scientific experts on location in some of the most exciting spots on the planet.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be an Eagle Scout.
- Be 18 years of age by June 1, 2015.
- Major or intend to major in a biological science in college or graduate school.
- Be prepared to blog, speak, write, and be interviewed on behalf of Scouting to report on the trip, what it means to him personally, and how Scouting prepared him for this.
- Have a current passport or obtain one no later than May 30, 2015.
- Submit an essay of no more than 250 words on why he is the best person to go on his desired expedition. This must be submitted by midnight May 1, 2015.
How can I Apply to be a NESA World Explorer?
If you meet the requirements to be candidate (or maybe you know a Scout who does), applying is easy. Submit your 250-word essay by emailing it to NESAbiologist@scouting.org. Finalists will create short videos on why they want to be a NESA World Explorer.
For more information – or to get pumped to write your application – check out this video on the 2015 NESA World Explorers.