Last week you got the scoop on #GivingTuesday and how your support helps Scouting on this global day of giving. Today, we’re rolling out some helpful resources to get your councils fired up to promote #GivingTuesday using the power of social media and other outreach tools.
Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year. This year, we’re launching a national #GivingTuesday campaign that will encourage giving to both the national and local councils. Continue reading to snag some tools that will help launch your council’s #GivingTuesday campaigns.
Your #GivingTuesday Toolkit
First, get all the details on what #GivingTuesday is and how your support helps Scouting by reading Gearing Up for #GivingTuesday – December 1, 2015 on Scouting Wire. Share that post, along with this one, to ensure everyone on your Scouting team is up to speed with what’s available.
Social Media Outreach
Use the official BSA campaign hashtag #WeAreTheBSA, along with #GivingTuesday, in all of your campaign communications and social media posts. To see how your councils can utilize these hashtags to promote the big day, check out some suggested tweets and Facebook posts below. Keep in mind these suggestions are for communications on December 1, but councils are encouraged to send out tweets and posts in the days leading up to #GivingTuesday too.
- Today is #GivingTuesday! Help support the good work Scouting does to build young people of character. #WeAreTheBSA [A Place to Give Link]
- Join us on this #GivingTuesday to support Scouts in communities all across this great nation! #WeAreTheBSA [A Place to Give Link]
- Thank you for your support of Scouting on this #GivingTuesday! We couldn’t do it without you! #WeAreTheBSA [A Place to Give Link]
Sample Facebook Posts
- When you support Scouting and the [Local Council Name] on this #GivingTuesday, you’re helping to build the leaders of tomorrow. [Link]
- For #GivingTuesday, people are joining together to support organizations like Scouting and [Local Council Name]. Thanks for lending your support to make Scouting possible in our community! [Link]
- Through your support of Scouting and [Local Council Name] on this #GivingTuesday, you help young people grow to become citizens who are trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Thank you! [Link]
Research Proving the Value of Scouting
Help encourage support on #GivingTuesday by pointing your audiences to How Scouting Promotes Positive Character Development and include this Does Scouting Work? infographic below. Both resources provide scientific proof of the value of Scouting and offer insight into the impact of their support of the program.
Visual Assets and Banners
Your #GivingTuesday toolkit wouldn’t be complete without the visuals! Use the banner images located in the BSA Brand Center in your social media and communication efforts. Pair them up with some of the suggested social media messages above or craft your own combinations to encourage supporting the BSA on this important day of giving. Councils can even add their council name above “December 1st” to tailor the images locally. Check out the images below for an idea of what you’ll find in the BSA Brand Center.
The Landing Page
And last, but certainly not least, share the BSA’s #GivingTuesday landing page in all promotions: aplacetogive.scouting.org. The #GivingTuesday branded page won’t go live until December 1, but the current link will still direct you to the right place. All contributions gifted through the landing page will go towards making this year’s #GivingTuesday the biggest one yet!
If you need further assistance with ideas on how to promote the nation’s largest day of giving, please contact Michaela Monson, e-Funding Digital Marketing Strategy Specialist at Michaela.email@example.com or 972-580-7860. And tell with us in the comments below, how do you plan to share the story of Scouting on #GivingTuesday?