It’s the spot where every Scout’s High-Adventure dreams come true. The place where adrenaline pumping fun meets exploring what it means to be a leader. It’s the Summit Bechtel Reserve, and it’s looking for enthusiastic, seasonal staff members for next summer who can help bring Scouts the best summers of their lives. Read on to find out why you won’t want to miss working at The Summit.
The Summit Has a Role for You
The Summit is looking for more than 200 seasonal staff members to operate the National Scout Camp, High Adventure Base and Training & Leadership Center next summer. Depending on your interests or skills, there’s a position available for you. Many roles don’t even require previous experience.
If you like working directly with youth, The Summit has program instructor positions in every activity area:
- Paddlesports and swimming
- Rock climbing, challenge courses and zip lines
- BMX, skateboarding and mountain biking
- Sustainability, conservation, ecology and service
- High-Adventure program guides or Scout camp commissioners
Looking to take on a support role instead? The Summit has an array of support positions too:
- Area director and leadership teams
- Guest services, transportation and logistics
- Medical and emergency response
- Facilities, trail crew and bike mechanics
Of course being a staff member is fun and rewarding, but there are also some pretty sweet perks included. Here are some of the other benefits of being a Summit staff member:
- Free room and board (no rent or groceries!)
- Professional certification training
- Professional discounts on outdoor gear and brands
- Endless outdoor activities
- New River Gorge right in your back yard
- Creating friendships that last a lifetime
Seasonal staff positions offer incredible opportunities for training, certifications, fun and a chance to give back to youth – what more could you want? Check out the list of job descriptions and then apply for a spot today! Have you been a staff member at The Summit? Share your stories in the comments below.